Let's Get Technical About Olation
Olation® unites the capabilities and benefits of relational and multidimensional databases into a single application.
- The Olation Calculation Engine integrates seamlessly with Microsoft SQL Server™,
MySQL, SAP HANA, Oracle and other relational databases.
- Easy mapping of existing relational structures into corresponding multidimensional structures— and this process only needs to be done once.
- Ability to construct multidimensional data types, such as dimensions and cubes, with automatic creation of the corresponding relational structures.
- Access to external data sources by reference using a SQL query to the data or by staging and
transforming the data in tables in the Olation database.
- True, real-time Multidimensional OLAP (MOLAP) that is not based on Relational OLAP (ROLAP) and therefore does not have the performance limitations of such tools.
- Defined relationships between environments, enabling intelligent drill-down into cubes, with corresponding drill-through into relational transactions.
- Full API supporting third-party access to all Olation functions.
- Total algebraic expression across all dimensions
Olation® creates a dramatic business impact in a number of ways:
- Serves as one single version of the truth, not a copy of transactional data that has been staged for business intelligence analytics.
- Offers enterprise planning, analytical, and reporting information systems.
- Delivers true dynamism throughout the environment, allowing data to be changed bi-directionally.
- Reduces application development time and costs.
- Reduces application implementation costs and maintenance.
- Markedly increases end-user productivity.
- Leverages existing skill set of the end user by allowing Olation® to be managed through existing tools, such as Excel.