You can import data from .txt files created in Excel. The file must take the same structural form as the Slice into which it will be imported.
To import a .txt tab-delimited text file:
1. Open Excel.
2. From the Excel ribbon, go to the PowerOLAP tab and from the Import Control group click on the Select Import File command.
3. Using the Import file dialog box, locate the tab delimited text file you want to import and click Open.
4. Back in the Import file dialog box, click OK.
You can now process each successive line of the file or the entire file.
To process one line at a time:
• Select PowerOLAP, Import - Process Next Line.
To process the entire file:
• Select PowerOLAP, Import - Process Entire File.
PowerOLAP stores the data in the currently opened Slice.